We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety. Our office follows the infection control recommendations from the American Dental Association, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We are committed to ensuring that our infection control procedures are current and effective.
You will see some new processes when it is time for your next appointment. Please be assured that we have made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- You will be asked screening questions both before your appointment and when you arrive in the office.
- You will be asked to wash your hands with soap and water or use the hand sanitizer we will have available as soon as you enter the office.
- You will notice that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, and other items that are difficult to clean. We do still have water available per request.
- You may be offered fewer scheduling options for your appointment in order to allow for physical distancing between patients.
- You will be asked to bring a face mask to wear when you enter the office.
- You will be asked to stay in the car or outside if possible until we are ready to bring you into the office to limit the number of patients in the office.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have. To make an appointment, please call or text our office at (408) 996-9393.
Most of all, thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to our office.
Brent T. Ingram, DDS & Team